Purchasing for the Town of Dundee is coordinated through the Town Clerk’s office. In conjunction with the Administration & Finance Division, the purchasing department is responsible for the procurement of all goods and services in a manner that is ethical, impartial, open, fair, honest and in accordance with policies, procedures and laws.
The Purchasing Department administers all Request for Bids (RFB), Request for Proposals (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ), Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Information (RFI) in order to obtain goods and services in the most cost effective, timely and professional manner.
In addition, the Purchasing Department also works with all town departments to:
- Process purchasing requisitions,
- Determine appropriate purchasing methods,
- Assist in obtaining quotes
- Develop standard specifications
- Consolidate requisitions and purchase of like items to obtain the maximum economic benefit and cost savings
- Explore the possibilities of buying in bulk to take full advantage of quantity discounts.
- Manage the City’s surplus property to include arranging for disposal through an online auction.
- Develop purchasing policies and procedures for the purchase and contract of all materials, supplies, equipment and services.
The Town of Dundee uses both a decentralized and centralized approach to buying with $30,000 being the threshold between the two types. Individual departments purchase their own items that fall under the $30,000 threshold and the Purchasing Division facilitates the purchase of items over $30,000. A Planning or Study Activity over $20,000 will be facilitated by the Purchasing Department as demanded by Florida Statute 285.055(3)(a).
For the disposition of surplus property, the Town uses www.GovDeals.com.
Purchasing Department OPEN Bid Schedules
There are NO open bids at this time
|BID ID||STATUS||ANNOUNCED||QUESTIONS DUE||PRE-BID MEETING||BID DUE DATE||PROJECT NAME||ACTIONS|
|RFP 18-04||Open||11/11/2018||11/30/2018 @ 12:00 PM||11/28/2018 @ 10:00 AM||12/7/2018 @ 4:30 PM||Building Demolition Services||Download RFP|
Purchasing Department CLOSED Bid Schedules
|BID ID||Status||Close Date||Project Name||Results||Results Issued Date|
|RFQ 2018-01||Closed||04/08/2018||Water, Sewer, Stormwater Rate Study||08/14/2018|