The Polk County Sheriff’s Office is proud to provide Dundee with the opportunity to utilize its services. Cities such as Dundee can take advantage of Polk County Sheriff’s winning formula for law enforcement as well as save time and money by eliminating the taxing administrative overhead of maintaining their own separate law enforcement agency.
Dundee sees the same level of excellent customer service which they would see with a self-administered police department, but at cost savings to city taxpayers. Officers who were previously employed by the cities who met PCSO qualifications are now sworn deputy sheriffs answering calls for service in their “hometown.” A sergeant is assigned to oversee each substation and the deputies who serve in these areas.
SERGEANT JOSH ANDERSON
Sergeant Anderson is a lifelong resident of Polk County and has proudly served the citizens of Polk County as a Deputy Sheriff for over sixteen years. Sergeant Anderson strives to be a servant leader at the Polk County Sheriff’s Office and within the Town of Dundee. Sergeant Anderson enjoys playing golf, hunting, and spending time with his family.
- 2019: Warner University-M.B.A, Human Resource Management
- 2016: Warner University- B.A., Business Administration
- 2014: Polk State College-A.A., Criminal Justice
- 2014: Florida State University-Certified Public Manager
- 2019-Present: Sergeant
- 2018-2019: Detective-Bureau of Criminal Investigations, Robbery, Special Victims Unit
- 2012-2019: Detective- Southeast District General Crimes Unit
- 2011-2012: Deputy Sheriff-Crime Suppression Team
- 2007-2011: Detective-Bureau of Special Investigations, Tactical Drug Unit, HIDTA Task Force
- 2005-2007: Deputy Sheriff-Patrol
- Field Training Officer
- Detective Training Instructor
- Interviews and Interrogations
- Clandestine Lab
- Site-Safety Officer
- Line Supervision
- Middle Management
- DEA School
- DEA Tactical Training
135 Main Street Dundee, 33838